Benefits of e-Learning
The web is filled with sites that say “click to learn more” AMO’s Online Learning Portal (AMO-OLP) actually does just that! The portal provides e-learning for the busy member of Council looking to expand their knowledge and keep their skill set current and relevant. The benefits of AMO-OLP are:
- Convenient E-learning allows you to balance the demands of Council, careers and home life by accessing courses 24/7/365 from home, work and even on the road.
- Immediate You can start a course in a matter of clicks! Be done in one sitting (about two to three hours) and download your certificate from your account.
- Ease of Use Click away and get the knowledge you need as a member of Council on topics such as financial literacy, property assessment, asset management, land use planning and more...
- Flexible You decide when you want to take the course. If you only have time at night, no worries make your own schedule and do the course at your own pace over the course of 30 days.
- Cost-Effective Studies show that online learning can save an organization 50-70% of training expense by eliminating the cost of travel. Also our online course are available at only $177 plus HST.
- Quality All of our courses are built by subject matter experts and adult education course designers. All courses are vigorously edited, and tested prior to launch and reviewed often to ensure content is up to date and relevant.
The e-learning portal is currently not mobile friendly. We are making changes and hope to have the portal fully mobile responsive soon.
Our Online Courses
Cover Your Assets:
A fundamental primer on asset management
Land Use Planning
: Unearth the foundations of land use planning for municipal councils in Ontario
Municipal Councillor Financial Literacy
: It pays to knows the key factors for successful municipal finances
Municipal Assessment and Property Taxation 101
Strategic Planning for Asset Management