2022-24 Call for Nominations
Please be advised that in accordance with the Association’s governing by-law, the Secretary-Treasurer is requesting nominations to the 2022 – 2024 AMO Board of Directors.
The 2022 – 2024 AMO Board of Directors nomination package includes:
- A summary of the qualifications to serve on the Board of Directors;
- A summary of the offices for which elections will be held at the 2022 Annual Meeting;
- An estimate of the annual time commitment required to serve on the AMO Board of Directors and for those who will then serve on the AMO Executive Committee; and
- Nomination Form
The names of all qualified individuals who are duly nominated will appear on the ballot for election to the Board. From the AMO By-Law No. 2 Part 3, Directors shall:
- be an individual of eighteen (18) or more years of age;
- be an elected official of a Member Municipality or an employee of a Member Municipality of the Corporation;
- not be an undischarged bankrupt; and
- not be declared incapable.
Qualified Nominees must obtain a Council resolution of support which must specify the Caucus or position for which the individual is being nominated. To provide the broadest representation possible, AMO By-law No. 2 stipulates that a member municipality can only have one representative on the Board unless another representative is on the Board as an appointed official from a municipal group. See AMO By-Law No.2 Section 3.4(e).
Candidates reflecting Ontario’s diversity are encouraged to seek election to the AMO Board. The names of all qualified individuals who are duly nominated will appear on the ballot for election to the Board.
A completed Nomination Form and supporting material (i.e., Council resolution of support) must be received no later than 12:00 p.m. (noon) on Monday, June 27, 2022. Nominations will not be accepted beyond that date. AMO’s Chief Returning Officer, Peter Fay, will certify the nomination. A Nominations Report will be issued to the membership no later than Friday, July 22, 2022.
Please forward a completed Nomination Form to the Association via email email@example.com or fax at (416) 971-6191 or mail to the attention of Brian Rosborough, Executive Director. Scans and photographic images of documents are acceptable.
All candidates will be contacted to confirm receipt of their nominations and at that time will receive further information on the election process.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Brian Rosborough, Executive Director at (416) 971-9856, ext. 362, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Adam Garcia, Manager, Executive Office, ext. 356, email email@example.com.
Gary Dyke, Secretary-Treasurer
Association of Municipalities of Ontario