Provincial Cabinet Shuffle
Today’s Cabinet shuffle saw the appointment of new Ministers to Premier Doug Ford’s Cabinet and the shifting of existing ministers into new portfolios. The next provincial election is June 2, 2022.
Today’s Cabinet appointments and portfolio changes include:
- The Honourable Stan Cho, Associate Minister of Transportation, reporting to Minister Mulroney
- The Honourable Jill Dunlop, Minister of Colleges and Universities
- The Honourable Dr. Merrilee Fullerton, Minister of Children, Community and Social Services
- The Honourable Parm Gill, Minister of Citizenship and Multiculturalism
- The Honourable Jane McKenna, Associate Minister of Children and Women’s Issues, reporting to Minister Fullerton
- The Honourable Dave Piccini, Minister of the Environment, Conservation and Parks
- The Honourable Rod Phillips, Minister of Long-Term Care
- The Honourable Kaleed Rasheed, Associate Minister of Digital Government, reporting to Minister Bethlenfalvy
- The Honourable Greg Rickford, MPP for Kenora-Rainy River, assumes a merged role as Minister of Northern Development, Mines, Natural Resources and Forestry, as well as remains Minister of Indigenous Affairs
- The Honourable Rosario Romano, Minister of Government and Consumer Services
- The Honourable Prabmeet Singh Sarkaria, President of the Treasury Board
- The Honourable Todd Smith, Minister of Energy
- The Honourable Kinga Surma, Minister of Infrastructure
- The Honourable Nina Tangri, Associate Minister of Small Business and Red Tape Reduction, reporting to Minister Fedeli
- The Honourable Lisa Thompson, Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs.
We congratulate the Ministers on their new portfolios. AMO and municipal governments look forward to working closely with them on areas of mutual interest to serve our citizens. Municipal governments and the Province are stronger when we work together. We thank the Ministers we have worked closely with over the last year.
Remaining in their current portfolios are:
- The Honourable Christine Elliott, Minister of Health and Deputy Premier
- The Honourable Steve Clark, Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing
- The Honourable Peter Bethlenfalvy, Minister of Finance including Ontario’s digital government strategy
- The Honourable Paul Calandra, Government House Leader.
- The Honourable Raymond Cho, Minister for Seniors and Accessibility
- The Honourable Doug Downey, Attorney General
- The Honourable Vic Fedeli, Minister of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade and Chair of Cabinet
- The Honourable Sylvia Jones, Solicitor General
- The Honourable Stephen Lecce, Minister of Education
- The Honourable Lisa MacLeod, Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport
- The Honourable Monte McNaughton, Minister of Labour
- The Honourable Caroline Mulroney, Minister of Transportation and Francophone Affairs
- The Honourable Michael Tibollo, Associate Minister of Mental Health and Addiction.
AMO members will have an opportunity to ask municipal questions of the provincial Ministers at the three Ministers’ Forums at the 2021 AMO Conference. Details will be coming out soon at 2021 Virtual AMO Conference.