Events & Training
AMO's on demand e-learning portal MunicipalEducation.ca allows learners to access course content for 30 days from activation. Create an account today and
- learn at your own pace,
- access your course anywhere you have internet access,
- track your progress, and
- generate your certificate immediately.
- Asset Management: A Primer for Elected Officials. Elected Officials will be provided free access upon request.
- Investments 101 - The Foundation for a Municipal Investment Strategy (Available until June 30, 2019)
- Land Use Planning: The Basics
- Municipalities as Investors: Council's Perspective
- Procuring for Energy Efficiency
- So You Want to Run for Council (2018 edition)
Land Use Planning
Back by popular demand and updated to reflect Ontario’s evolving planning landscape, AMO’s Land Use Planning: Beyond the Basics training is aimed at both seasoned and first-term councillors. Designed to build upon the Association’s on-line primer* on planning, this three-hour workshop will reinforce the central role that municipalities play in implementing and managing the land use policy framework in Ontario.