Land Use Planning: Beyond the Basics
|Back by popular demand and updated to reflect Ontario’s evolving planning landscape, AMO’s Land Use Planning: Beyond the Basics training is aimed at both seasoned and first-term councillors. Designed to build upon the Association’s on-line primer* on planning, this three-hour workshop will reinforce the central role that municipalities play in implementing and managing the land use policy framework in Ontario.
Land Use Planning: Beyond the Basics will include a review of relevant elements of the Ontario Planning Act as well as key planning tools and how they are applied in the municipal context.
The workshop explains the nature and role of the Provincial Policy Statement as the overall roadmap for land use management in Ontario. Participants will understand what the changes related to Ontario Municipal Board to the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal mean as well as the implications on how municipal councils make decisions on planning matters.
- Cost: $180.00 plus HST ($203.40)
Registration in this training includes all materials and automatic access to AMO’s online Land Use Planning: The Basics (*regularly $177 - free with registration in Land Use Planning: Beyond the Basics) available at MunicipalEducation.ca
- Registration Open to: Newly elected and returning elected officials and municipal staff.
- Dates: Training will be held online
- March 25, 2021, 9 a.m. to 12 noon - Registration is now closed
- April 15, 2021, 9 a.m. to 12 noon - Registration is now closed
- April 29, 2021, 9 a.m. to 12 noon - Registration is now closed
- May 20, 2021, 9 a.m. to 12 noon
- May 27, 2021, 9 a.m. to 12 noon
- June 3, 2021, 9 a.m. to 12 noon
- For all inquiries: Please contact AMO Events at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require a login to register online, please email email@example.com