Foundations in Planning for Elected Officials
AMO has revitalized its foundational planning training to provide an interactive and engaging session that familiarizes participants with legislation, processes and provides real life examples to give a deep understanding and insight into important planning matters.
Participants will learn and understand:
- The need and importance of planning
- The planning hierarchy (policy, legislation, regulations etc.)
- The process and timelines of planning.
This half day session will walk you though important elements such as:
- Committee of Adjustment application
- The Community Planning Permit System
- Ministers Zoning Orders.
- Zoning applications using a planners report that deals with an official plan amendment
- Zoning amendments
- Site plans
- and so much more
Foundations in Planning for Elected Officials prepares participants for AMO's 2.0 planning training: Advanced Land Use Planning a Deeper Dive.
Registration will open soon.
This training is offered in a virtual environment and designed for elected officials and runs approximately 3 hours beginning at 9:00am. Training time may be subject to change.
Fee: $375.00 (+ HST)
A $75.00 cancellation fee applies
- April 17, 2024
- October 22, 2024
Please contact email@example.com if you require a login to register.