Tires are the first material to move to individual producer responsibility (IPR). This means that tire producers are directly responsible and accountable for meeting mandatory collection and recycling targets for used tires. The Resource Productivity & Recovery Authority enforces the Tires Regulation, which states who needs to register, the requirements for registration, and the collection and resource recovery targets for used tires.
- RPRA/AMO Tires Update Webinar Presentation & Webinar Recording. February 1, 2019.
- Joint Comments on the Used Tires Wind-Up Plan. March 1, 2018
- Joint Comments on Proposed Tire Regulation. January 22, 2018
- Minister’s Letter to RPRA on Wind-Up of Used Tire Program. June 30, 2017
- Minister’s Follow-Up Letter to Ontario Tire Stewardship on Wind-Up of Used Tire Program. June 30, 2017
- Minister’s Letter to Ontario Tire Stewardship on Wind-Up of Used Tire Program. February 17, 2017