Webinars on Conservation Authorities Act Regulations
Last month, the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks released three new regulations under the Conservation Authorities Act. These regulations change the relationship between municipal governments and conservation authorities (CAs), particularly around the scope of the programs and services delivered. While this new regime will be phased in until December 31, 2023, it is critical that municipal Councils reach out to the CA(s) as the CA’s first deadline is December 31, 2021.
AMO has released five comprehensive Fact Sheets for municipal Councils and staff to review, listed below and on our website:
- Overview of Changes to Conservation Authorities
- Transition Plan and Timelines
- Mandatory Programs and Services (Category 1)
- Municipal Programs & Services (Category 2)
- Other Conservation Authorities Programs & Services (Category 3)
This month, three webinars were held to answer technical questions and discuss how these regulations were implemented:
- Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks - November 10th and 17th, 2021
- For a copy of their presentation, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "CAA Regulations Webinar"
- AMO and Conservation Ontario - November 19th, 2021
- The recording of the presentation will be posted shortly