Municipal Resources - Medical Cannabis Grows
Municipal resources for personal and designated medical cannabis grows in your community.
The following resources have been assembled by AMO to provide examples of how Ontario communities have addressed issues related to personal and designated medical cannabis grows.
These resources have been compiled for municipalities to consider based on their local situations and needs, and do not reflect any requirements for municipalities. They are meant to be examples of possible tools for a community to consider.
Best Practices for Advisory Groups and Committees
Balancing Enforcement & Access with Cannabis Growing
Health Canada Deck
Checklist of Enforcement Steps
Checklist of Documents for Medical Growers
Documents to Include
- Site Plan Control
- Air filtration system
- Lighting plan and study
- Planning Justification Report (including sensitive land uses and related to PPS)
- Plan demonstrating why the number of greenhouses are necessary
- Hydrogeological Study
- Servicing report addressing storm water management, septic, water use and wastewater management, permit to take water if applicable
- Comprehensive Zoning By-Law
- Concept plan
- How to access GIS and mapping in the municipality
- Insurance requirements
- Agricultural impact assessment
Sample Letters and Requirements