Foundations in Planning for Elected Officials
Event DateOctober 24, 2023 - 10:00 AM (EDT) to 1:00 PM (EDT)
AMO has revitalized its foundational planning training to provide an interactive and engaging session that familiarizes participants with legislation, processes and provides real life examples to give a deep understanding and insight into important planning matters.
Participants will learn and understand:
- The need and importance of planning
- The planning hierarchy (policy, legislation, regulations etc)
- The process and timelines of planning.
This half day session will walk you though important elements such as:
- Committee of Adjustment application
- The Community Planning Permit System
- Ministers Zoning Orders.
- Zoning applications using a planners report that deals with an official plan amendment
- Zoning amendments
- Site plans
- and so much more
Foundations in Planning for Elected Officials prepares participants for AMO's 2.0 planning training: Advanced Land Use Planning a Deeper Dive.
This training is offered in a virtual environment and designed for elected officials and runs approximately 3 hours beginning at 10:00am.
Fee: $250.00 (+ HST)
A $75.00 cancellation fee applies
October 24, 2023